A small fleet of box trucks sitting in a lot

Box Trucks

FRAYT supports standard box trucks. It’s easy to get started.

01. Apply

Apply for a FRAYT Driver account in the Driver app (Apple iOS / Android).

Apple App StoreGoogle Play Store

02. Email Your MC or DOT Number

After completing the application process on our app, please email your MC or DOT number to carriers@frayt.com. We will then send you an invitation code for www.fraytcarriers.com, where you will complete the final steps of the onboarding process.

03. Review and Approval

Wait for FRAYT to review the application and approve the vehicle. Please allow 24-48 hours for approval to be confirmed.


  • What documents will I need to apply?

    • Active motor carrier permit
    • Active DOT number
    • Proof of insurance (At least $1,000,000 in auto liability coverage and $100,000 in cargo liability coverage)
    • Valid driver's license

  • What are the box truck size requirements?

    FRAYT requires that all box trucks have a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of between 22,000 and 26,000 pounds. This weight range ensures that the trucks are able to safely transport the goods being carried, while also being compliant with state and federal weight regulations. It is important to note that the GVW includes the weight of the truck itself, as well as any cargo being transported.

  • How do I get paid?

    Drivers are paid through their Branch accounts, which are setup after approval. You do not need to make an account ahead of time. Payments are made out to your account automatically.

  • Can I use a rental or leased vehicle?

    No, there is not sufficient time for you to rent a vehicle each time a match is offered, and with the uncertainty of shipment availability, it is not reasonable to rent a vehicle in advance. Should you have a rental vehicle while your FRAYT approved vehicle is being repaired please notify us prior to using the rental vehicle with the FRAYT Platform.

    You can use a long-term leased vehicle to register for FRAYT. The insurance ID and vehicle registration are typically issued to the lessee (you).

  • Can I work for other companies?

    The beauty of being an independent contractor is that you determine when, what, why and how you work. You can work for other companies. FRAYT is intending to only supplement or be a part of the total revenue you produce. You can accept or decline any Match offer from FRAYT. You determine when you are available and when you are not.

  • How does RMIS work?

    FRAYT partners with RMIS (Registry Monitoring Insurance Services) to provide continuous monitoring of Certificate of Insurance for auto and cargo coverage, as well as AM Best Ratings for insurance providers.